Here are the rules for this awardynation:
- You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog. (Thank you Gyllene and Kittyinaz and anyone else I may have missed!)
- You must list the rules. (Which you’re reading here…)
- You must add 7 facts about yourself. (Upcoming…keep reading!)
- You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated. (Nope – see later…)
- You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you. (Voilà!)
1. I hate coming up with facts about myself. While I’m extremely verbose for a private person, I’m *still* a private person. My (numerous and loudly-given) opinions? I can go on about them for days (erm, yeah, sorry/not sorry ’bout that) … but talking about myself is tantamount to nails on a chalkboard for me.
2. I have the annoying ability to love the person but hate the action. I’m not a pushover by any means and can (read: will) hold a hearty grudge for eons, but I can see beyond the action to the person behind it. (I think this comes from having too much Libra in my Taurus charts, but hey…)
3. I’m allergic to chocolate and lobster, and most roses make me sneeze, so romantic dinners with me take some planning. Heirloom roses are fine (although I vastly prefer lilacs, lily-of-the-valley, and yard violets).
4. In reading and in life, I (also vastly) prefer lingering meaningful glances, a fingertip slowly stroking along an arm, and a soul-deep kiss while pushed up against a wall to that “fuck me now” nonsense. Classy anticipation truly is the best foreplay.
5. Many of you already know that I’m a perfume, purse, and small container addict, but you may not know that I also collect and treasure bits from antiquity. Celtic brooches, Mesopotamian pendants, Roman glass, Herodian oil lamps, coins…I love and collect them all. I’ve been an archaeologist in this life and apparently was in several others, too. 😀
Eh…two more things, right? Erm…
6. I’m violently protective of animals, old people, and women’s rights. If I could, I would open my own elder-care facilities to provide dignified, caring medical and life-enhancing services. I would gladly provide in-home as well as “live here happily with us” services so that our senior people (and their pets!) could actually ENJOY their final years on this mudball. I would also open and run my own billion acre pet sanctuary where abandoned (for whatever reason) pets – yes, *shiver*, including pet snakes…*more shivering*… would be cared for, loved, and allowed to live safety and comfortably. If I had my say, no animal would ever be killed because of over-crowding or human stupidity.
Hey, I can dream, right?
7. Obviously I am a dreamer, and my motto for that is: If you’re going to dream, dream big. And of no relevance whatsoever, I also dream of winning the lottery. Often. 😉
(And yes, life without chocolate does, indeed, suck ass.)
Who Imma nominate?
No one. If you want to play, play. If you don’t, don’t.
*This could be because pretty much everyone I would have listed has already been pinged with this, lol. You’re all glorious and I’d love to hear about you, so DO post something telling us about your fine selves if you wish!
*Gratuitous pic of Alex in the shower is never gratuitous*